Dear Financial Aid Office Administrator,
My name is Allen Ng and I am currently enrolled in the fall 2010 semester. I have had a bumpy first two years of college, but I’m writing to you today because my gears are now greased and ready and functioning properly. I was not prepared when I first arrived to Mt. San Antonio College. I graduated High school as an immature, naïve 18-year old, thinking that I could time-manage 7 classes along with a part-time job at IKEA in Covina. But college is not similar to high school, and I was in over my head with ego. After the fall semester of 2008 I knew then on that I needed help and got counseling. During the winter break, on December 31st, 2008, I took a snowboarding trip to Mt. High which ended with a tragic fall which left my right wrist shattered. Not knowing my condition I continued with my life in both school and work. Until one day, I could not handle the pain any longer and went to see a doctor. In the next two months I was under the knife for wrist reconstruction. This left me in a cast for the next three months during the beginning of my spring semester of 2009. I depressed and looked for guidance. I looked to God for that help and began to attend my local church, Faith Community in Covina. I slowly began to climb out of that hole that deep, dark, pit that I stumbled into, but it was difficult journey as outside forces pushed me back into the hole. Miraculously, as my faith grew, I began to grow as well, and began to develop study habits that I still use today, such as writing in margins, highlighting, reading ahead, and asking for help at our campus Writing Center and T-marc. This past summer semester is when my gears have been fine tuned and are ready to propel me forward in my studies in Digital Media with emphasis on film. I am taking a different approach to the industry with studies in Stage Craft and Theater Practices. With my time off in 2009, I luckily managed to squeeze my foot into the door of the entertainment business with three internships. I worked as a Production assistant, a Camera assistant, as well as an Art Department assistant on separate occasions. With experiences and perseverance I am steadily heading on the right track where I believe God is calling me to go. Thank you for your time in reading my educational journey here at Mt. San Antonio College thus so far. Have a great day.
– Allen Ng
No comments:
Post a Comment