Dear to whom this may concern,
My name is Allen Ng and I am currently a student at Mt. San Antonio College. Throughout these life-changing three years, Mt. San Antonio College has drill into me the essential skills for success. All my teachers, tutors, and fellow colleges have conditioned me into the student I am today. I started as terrible pupil: a slacker, a good for nobody, dimwitted with not a single ounce of respect for discipline or education. In spite of all that, I am fortunate enough to receive the gift of intervention. I began to seek guidance from the T-Marc and the Writing Center. Without their support, I do not know where I would be academically today. They have supplied me with an excessive amount of tutoring in Math and English, with limitless accounts of one-on-one conferences. With the push of these helpful hands, I was able to climb up the mountain of motivation and drink from the cool waters of success, which lay at the peak of education. Mt. San Antonio College has given me the skills I need to reach my goals.
My educational goal this semester is to develop my writing style into fluid flow of strength and power matched only in comparison to the mighty river. I want to drown the attention of readers as I pour gallons of words of expression through the tone of my voice in text I write. In addition to this ambition, I plan to construct a play this winter semester. My goal is to become a storyteller in all aspects of art.
I did not choose this goal, it choose me. Long ago, I have long searched high and low for the skills that I am most suitable for, yet with each attempt, I have come up short. I was searching for something, which I had already found. I am a poet, at the young tender age of twelve, I denied myself of that title in fear that I would die an unsuccessful man with nothing but his words. Until just now, I have realized that is all we truly own. As I see the faces around me slowly, grow dreary. I stumble and sit, waiting to think. Of a way to turn those simple frowns upside down. To distract from the main concerns of life, so we all may step back, collect ourselves, and start with a fresh new start.
No comments:
Post a Comment